Computer vision is an interdisciplinary scientific field that deals with how computers can gain high-level understanding from digital images or videos. By applying computer vision we are trying to understand and automate tasks that the human visual system can do.
Computer vision is concerned with the automatic extraction, analysis and understanding of useful information from a single image or a sequence of images. It involves the development of a theoretical and algorithmic basis to achieve automatic visual understanding. The classical problem in computer vision is that of determining whether or not the image data contains some specific object, feature, or activity.
Possibility of the computer vision application in business is very wide: from using computer vision to visually inspect products in manufacturing plants (to find defects) to building complex, robotic systems which are capable of comprehending the world around them.
Examples of computer vision application include:
- Automatic visual inspection and control in manufacturing processes and logistics
- Detection of the events – e.g. people counting in public events or in hospitality industry
- Identification of people (face recognition) – e.g. for secure access, visual surveillance and similar
- Identification of objects – e.g. identification of items that customer has put in his basket (cashier-less shops – Amazon GO)
- Helping doctors to set diagnose for the patient based on images
- Navigation – e.g. autonomous robots or vehicles
Solutions based on computer vision usage, which Megatrend offers, are mostly used for improving efficiency of sales processes in the field sales. Additionally, we also offer computer vision solutions which are used for enforcing health and safety standards in some industries and non-compliance detection.